Production Assembly Operative
Contracted hours 8:30am – 5:00 pm 5 days Mon- Fri
Immediate start required
This is a fixed term 3 month contract requiring an immediate start. There is also a strong possibility of permanent opportunity based upon individual performance
Based at out headquarters in Bolton, Lancashire Transport Support designs, manufactures and supplies a range of innovative vehicle and site safety products .
Due to our continued growth plans, a number of new exciting opportunities have arisen within our production department for talented and experienced Production Assembly Operators.
- Responsibility for assembly build and test of specific TS Products to the highest quality standards.
- Assembly of range of mechanical & electronics products to and meet daily production and quality targets
- Using standardised techniques, tools and practices and contributing to the product / continual process improvement effort.
- To report regularly and to make suggestions to daily lost production time and issues.
- To promote and follow lean manufacturing processes.
- Accurate record keeping.
- Communicate quality and productivity improvements.
- Previous experience in a demanding production assembly environment.
- Previous experience in Electrical / Electronic or Mechanical assembly production, or within a fault location and resolution environment.
- Good IT and Administration skills.
- Ability to take up employment immediately.
- Electrical / Electronic Engineering, Mechanical or Manufacturing qualification such as (City & Guilds / BTEC/ONC/OND or higher)
- Previous experience in lean manufacturing principals
- Able to work occasional over time if required.
- Ability to communicate effectively with clients and colleagues.
- A good team player capable of delivering excellent results under pressure and to strict deadlines
- Quality focused
- Adaptable and able to pick up new techniques
- A positive “can do” enthusiastic attitude towards addressing the technical challenges facing Transport Support and our clients
Statement on Fair Employment and Equal Opportunities
Transport Support wishes to ensure equal opportunity is given to all job applicants. Our company will not discriminate on the grounds of gender, sexual orientation, race, religious belief, political opinion, marital status, age or disability.
Technical Manager+44 (0)1204 368 111
Mr Philip Gordon
+44 (0)1204 361533